SMART not running warning should not be issued in virtualized environment for virtual disks
The warnings is not very useful in virtualized environments for virtual disks (they are still useful if the user is using passthrough). It's useful not to issue warning if it's virtualized environment and when it's virtual disks (smartctl -a would report "Virtual disk" for these devices).
- Status changed from Unscreened to Screened
Updated by Jordan Hubbard over 3 years ago
- Status changed from Screened to Closed: Not To Be Fixed
The behavior is benign and more effort to fix than the "problem" merits.
Updated by Josh Paetzel over 3 years ago
- Category changed from 55 to 53
- Status changed from Closed: Not To Be Fixed to Screened
- Assignee changed from Erin Clark to Josh Paetzel
I'm going to take this one. It's not a big change and we are getting more momentum behind a FreeNAS virtual appliance.
- Target version changed from Unspecified to 9.10.2
- Status changed from Screened to Ready For Release
- Status changed from Ready For Release to Resolved
Also available in: Atom