Need ability to create more than one plugin jail
We should permit users to create more than one plugin jail for the following reasons:
- One rogue or incorrectly written plugin can't take down the rest of the plugins, snoop other plugins as easily, etc.
- Better self-management s.t. the app can manage its own environment, from end-to-end, and at the same time be better managed by the underlying base system (VIMAGE comes to mind).
- Multiple plugins could be replicated multiple times, depending on how the application itself is written (example: multiple copies of a webserver running on multiple virtual interfaces).
- In general [[FreeBSD]] handles binary compatibility reasonably well in the base system, s.t. an application can continue to be run on newer versions of the OS. But there are cases where that isn't the case (FreeBSD 1.x binaries on binaries on 9+ for example). Given that iXsystems is also not strictly adhering to all of the philosophies held within the [[FreeBSD]] project, other incompatibilities could be introduced by accident in the future.
#4 Updated by Anonymous over 8 years ago
- Status changed from Closed to Investigation
Please post the docs then in the wiki.
Dev shouldn't close tickets until the relevant requests are completed to QA's satisfaction and/or QA agrees that the resolution is acceptable.
Right now the end-result hasn't been supplied, s.t. people like Ben, Dru, etc can create plugin jails and the other items noted in the support request.