Updating to 9.3.2 - database conversion unsuccessful
I'm running FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201602031011. I saw the post in the forums about 9.3.2 so I just had to update my secondary filer to it. I went into the GUI & changed the update train to "9.3 nightly" & hit the update button. It updated, rebooted, came back up for a moment (I was pinging it) then rebooted. I went to check the console when the pings didn't start returning after a while & I caught the final bits of the startup which was mostly errors & database row not found messages. Networking came up with dhcp addresses but I was not able to access the GUI.
Please let me know if you would like to take a look at the system or the config database or if there is anything on the system after updating that would be of interest.
#3 Updated by survive - over 5 years ago
- File IMG_20160301_224425.jpg IMG_20160301_224425.jpg added
- File IMG_20160301_224439.jpg IMG_20160301_224439.jpg added
- File IMG_20160301_224531.jpg IMG_20160301_224531.jpg added
I updated to 9.3.2 again to get the requested screenshots, but this time the system behaved a little differently. Instead of booting up with an incorrect config it drops me to single user mode.
Attached are 3 screenshots, the first 2 (*25 & *39) are of a traceback I get early in the boot process, *31 is when I drop to single user.
#6 Updated by survive - over 5 years ago
I just updated to the latest release in the nightly train. Things behaved differently. I didn't see the traceback error & the filesystems mounted, but later on in the boot process it crashed. I was watching it boot & I saw some Samba\winbind errors then the text became that bright white console font and pages upon pages of dump scrolled up the screen. Then it printed one last cpu shutdown message & rebooted.