Reason for Closing:
There should be an option in the AFP configuration to allow this to be configured. The afp generation script should do the right thing. I have confirmed this works when done correctly. I know what needs to be done and can do it. This allows AFP, Windows and ZFS to all work in harmony. The AD UI will also need some tweaking for this (User and Group OU specification, which has been a requested feature for some time anyhow).
- Status changed from Unscreened to Screened
While doing this, it would be nice investigate and get working AD kerberos auth for AFP so that Macs joined to AD don't require a password for accessing AFP shares (like SMB currently does).
Updated by Vaibhav Chauhan about 4 years ago
BRB: so are how are we going to get this FIX in ? Do we have a deadline you would like to present ?
Will this be merged in and tested in time for U1? If so, the doc team needs to know in time to doc it.
- Target version changed from 9.10.1-U1 to 9.10.1-U2
- Assignee changed from John Hixson to Erin Clark
- Assignee changed from Erin Clark to John Hixson
I'm taking this one back since it is related directly to my work with Marvel (and I created it ;-))
- Target version changed from 9.10.1-U2 to 9.10.1-U3
BRB: John, is this something you are still actively hacking on? Can it get wrapped up maybe by end of next week for -U3?
Will this make it into U3?
- Target version changed from 9.10.1-U3 to 9.10.2
John, can you take a look at this ticket and please let us know if your fixes will be able to make into 9.10.2 Freenas release
John: Ping! Did you still have ongoing work to get this in? Any chance we can get it in for 9.10.2 by end of next week, or should we push it to 9.10.2-U1?
- Target version changed from 9.10.2 to 9.10.2-U1
- Target version changed from 9.10.2-U1 to 9.10.2-U2
- Target version changed from 9.10.2-U2 to 9.10.3
- Target version changed from 9.10.3 to 9.10.4
I will revisit this for freenas 11. The code is in place to setup map acls = mode for AFP when AD is enabled for now.
- Target version changed from 9.10.4 to 11.1
- Target version changed from 11.1 to 11.1-U1
- Related to Bug #18390: when map acls = mode, do the right thing with ACL's on mac added
- Target version changed from 11.1-U1 to 11.2-BETA1
Pushing to next feature release.
- Target version changed from 11.2-BETA1 to 11.3
- Status changed from Screened to Not Started
- Assignee changed from John Hixson to Timur Bakeyev
- Assignee changed from Timur Bakeyev to John Hixson
- Target version changed from 11.3 to Backlog
- Category changed from OS to Services
- Severity changed from New to Low Medium
- Assignee changed from John Hixson to William Grzybowski
Updated by William Grzybowski almost 2 years ago
- Status changed from Not Started to Closed
- Target version changed from Backlog to N/A
- Reason for Closing set to Not Applicable
Partial code was already added long ago for `map acls`.
If anything else is missing a new ticket should be made. No reason to hold on to a ticket for 2+ years.
Also available in: Atom