iSCSI LUN ID's all set to 0
I just updated to FreeNAS-9.10.1-U1.
I had one problem that took me a little while to figure out.
I have 2 FreeNAS boxes. I use iSCSI on both of them to share some disk to my ESXi cluster. One box has one LUN shared out, the other has 2. The single LUN box updated just fine, but the box with 2 LUNs gave my ESXi boxes a lot of trouble trying to bring the datastores back online. ESXi could see one of the LUNs on one server but could not access it.
Turns out the LUN ID's for both extents was set to "0", naturally that would give a system fits! I set the second LUN id to 1, re-scanned and got my datastores back.
Might be a total one off event, or it might be a real bug.
Updated by Bonnie Follweiler about 4 years ago
- Assignee set to Kris Moore
- Assignee changed from Kris Moore to Josh Paetzel
Are you using FC or iSCSI? Your forum post makes this unclear.
Can you attach a save debug when the system is in the broken state?
- Status changed from Unscreened to Screened
- Priority changed from No priority to Important
I'm using iSCSI.
I have fixed the problem, all I had to do was edit the LUN under "Associated Targets" in the iSCSI config.
I can break it again or roll back & upgrade again. That said, it was an easy fix but a pain to diagnose.
I saw the same on my system. One iSCSI target with two extents, both set to zero. I changed one of them to 1 and all was well, but I was confused for a sec. Sorry, don't have a debug from before I 'fixed'.
I saw this too.
Two extents, originally set to auto, now set to 0.
In fact, I don't see an option for "auto" anymore.
- Assignee changed from Josh Paetzel to William Grzybowski
- Priority changed from Important to Critical
- Target version set to 9.10.1-U2
Ok, there's a real bug here in the migration.
If you have two LUNs for the same target set to auto the migration sets them both to zero.
William, can you fix this?
Updated by William Grzybowski about 4 years ago
- Status changed from Screened to Needs Developer Review
- Status changed from Needs Developer Review to Reviewed
- Assignee changed from William Grzybowski to Vaibhav Chauhan
- Status changed from Reviewed to Ready For Release
- Status changed from Ready For Release to Resolved
Also available in: Atom