Update from 9.10 to Corral
I can not upgrade current 9.10 nightlies to Corral RELEASE/nightlies. Updated finishes with pyton 3.6 error log.
#3 Updated by Suraj Ravichandran over 3 years ago
- Project changed from FreeNAS to 9
- Category changed from 1 to 185
- Status changed from Unscreened to 15
- Priority changed from No priority to Expected
- Target version set to 384
- Parent task set to #19560
- Branch set to master
Hi @Alexander Kolganov,
I tried to find the issue in your logs but could not.
Can I request you try the following verbose shell based update command and paste the output (all of it) in case anything goes wrong:
freenas-update -v -T FreeNAS-Corral-Nightlies update
#7 Updated by Jordan Hubbard over 3 years ago
There may be some issues with the updater, but it looks like user expectations are also incorrect regarding jails, etc. They should read https://wiki.freenas.org/index.php/Migrating_from_9.X_to_FreeNAS_Corral
#9 Updated by Suraj Ravichandran over 3 years ago
9.10 stuff not working has nothing to do with the update to 10 (they happen in separate boot environments).
I see that your update succeeded the second time but you say smb settings were not migrated over (note: jails and vms will not be migrated as we do not support that)
Can you get me a debug file (from the 10 boot environment) (GUI --> System --> Debug --> Download Debug File) and I shall investigate why smb settings were not migrated.
#10 Updated by Alexander Kolganov over 3 years ago
- File debug-freenas-20170319132306.tgz added
I downgrade to 9.10 and I cant load Corral version because it takes many time for upgrade to Corral and restore back. I'll wait for a while until the bugs will fixed.
I note that Corral uses only smb_3, but 9.10 version has smb_31.
For this time I want the bug to be fixed with VMsшт 9.10. Debug info was attached.
#11 Updated by Suraj Ravichandran over 3 years ago
- Project changed from 9 to FreeNAS
- Category changed from 185 to 201
- Status changed from 15 to Unscreened
- Assignee changed from Suraj Ravichandran to Marcelo Araujo
- Target version deleted (
- Parent task deleted (
Well if you want the Vm issue fixed in 9.10 then I have to hand this over to my colleague who is in charge of that.
#12 Updated by Marcelo Araujo over 3 years ago
- Status changed from Unscreened to Resolved
I have fixed it yesterday! If you update your FreeNAS you will get the change and it will work again.
#20 Updated by Marcelo Araujo over 3 years ago
I need your help to debug this problem, I would like you to do two steps for me:
1) Inside /var/db/collectd/rrd/ you will find another directory with the hostname of your machine(Ex. in my case: freenas.local), please tarball all those files inside and send it to me. You can try to attach the tarball here or you can send to my email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) After you do the step 1, that also would be more less a backup, could you delete all those sub-directories inside /var/db/collectd/rrd/<machine_hostname>/.
Note: Be careful to run the right command and in the right path at the step number 2, if you remove accidentally anything else, it would be hard to recover.
If you don't feel confident to do the step number 2, let me know and we can set a time where I can do a VNC on your machine and run the step 2 for you.