Project

General

Profile

Bug #22788

No Disk Stats in Reporting GUI tab

Added by Alec Pearson over 4 years ago. Updated about 4 years ago.

Status:
Resolved
Priority:
Regression
Assignee:
John Hixson
Category:
Middleware
Target version:
Severity:
New
Reason for Closing:
Reason for Blocked:
Needs QA:
Yes
Needs Doc:
Yes
Needs Merging:
Yes
Needs Automation:
No
Support Suite Ticket:
n/a
Hardware Configuration:

HP Microserver G7

ChangeLog Required:
No

Description

Disk stats are not being logged because the disk plugin failed to start :

Mar 26 13:50:16 freenas2 collectd[2785]: geom_stats_open() failed, returned 16
Mar 26 13:50:16 freenas2 collectd[2785]: Initialization of plugin `disk' failed  with status -1. Plugin will be unloaded.
Mar 26 13:50:16 freenas2 collectd[2785]: Error: one or more plugin init callback s failed.

This has happened on all the recent nightlies, but works fine on 9.10.2-U2


Related issues

Is duplicate of FreeNAS - Bug #22754: Disk tabClosed: Duplicate2017-03-25

Associated revisions

Revision 8545dbf0 (diff)
Added by John Hixson over 4 years ago

Nuke geom_stat from collectd Ticket: #22788

Revision 710f70c4 (diff)
Added by John Hixson over 4 years ago

Nuke geom_stat patch from collectd Ticket: #22788

Revision ddca0b73 (diff)
Added by Charlie Root over 4 years ago

Update collectd to 5.7.1 Ticket: #22788

Revision aca8bc2c (diff)
Added by John Hixson over 4 years ago

Update collectd to 5.7.1 - correctly Ticket: #22788

Revision d6ef88d8 (diff)
Added by John Hixson over 4 years ago

Remove all traces of geom_stat Ticket: #22788

History

#1 Avatar?id=14398&size=24x24 Updated by Kris Moore over 4 years ago

  • Assignee set to John Hixson
  • Target version set to 9.10.3

John, looks like plugin needs updating for 11-stable. Can you take a look?

#2 Updated by William Grzybowski over 4 years ago

  • Priority changed from No priority to Regression

I'll be updating the priority in this issue because its a regression.

Looks like newer collectd added support for using geom in the "disk" plugin. So we need to update "disk" plugin to add the same stats we used to provide in our custom "geom_stat" and thus remove geom_stat for good.

Reason is because a single process cannot open geom stats multiple times.

#3 Updated by William Grzybowski over 4 years ago

#4 Updated by John Hixson over 4 years ago

  • Status changed from Unscreened to Screened

#5 Updated by John Hixson over 4 years ago

William Grzybowski wrote:

I'll be updating the priority in this issue because its a regression.

Looks like newer collectd added support for using geom in the "disk" plugin. So we need to update "disk" plugin to add the same stats we used to provide in our custom "geom_stat" and thus remove geom_stat for good.

Reason is because a single process cannot open geom stats multiple times.

I can confirm that calling geom_open_stats() more than once fails ;-) I can also confirm that disk plugin in collectd 5.7.1 indeed has geom support. Sounds like we don't need this patch anymore. I'll nuke it.

#6 Updated by William Grzybowski over 4 years ago

John Hixson wrote:

William Grzybowski wrote:

I'll be updating the priority in this issue because its a regression.

Looks like newer collectd added support for using geom in the "disk" plugin. So we need to update "disk" plugin to add the same stats we used to provide in our custom "geom_stat" and thus remove geom_stat for good.

Reason is because a single process cannot open geom stats multiple times.

I can confirm that calling geom_open_stats() more than once fails ;-) I can also confirm that disk plugin in collectd 5.7.1 indeed has geom support. Sounds like we don't need this patch anymore. I'll nuke it.

But does it provide all the stats that geom_stat used to provide? Or are we going to add them? ;)

#7 Updated by John Hixson over 4 years ago

William Grzybowski wrote:

John Hixson wrote:

William Grzybowski wrote:

I'll be updating the priority in this issue because its a regression.

Looks like newer collectd added support for using geom in the "disk" plugin. So we need to update "disk" plugin to add the same stats we used to provide in our custom "geom_stat" and thus remove geom_stat for good.

Reason is because a single process cannot open geom stats multiple times.

I can confirm that calling geom_open_stats() more than once fails ;-) I can also confirm that disk plugin in collectd 5.7.1 indeed has geom support. Sounds like we don't need this patch anymore. I'll nuke it.

But does it provide all the stats that geom_stat used to provide? Or are we going to add them? ;)

It looks like geom_stats may have provided a few additional stats that the disk plugin does not. I guess I will have to merge these.

#8 Updated by John Hixson over 4 years ago

  • Status changed from Screened to Fix In Progress
  • % Done changed from 0 to 80

#9 Updated by John Hixson over 4 years ago

  • Status changed from Fix In Progress to Resolved
  • % Done changed from 80 to 100

I spent most of today on this. I have tested and confirmed this to be working again, along with an update to the port. It should be in nightly tonight, if not, it will be there in tomorrows nightly for sure. It there are any more issues here, please file another ticket.

#10 Avatar?id=14398&size=24x24 Updated by Kris Moore over 4 years ago

  • Target version changed from 9.10.3 to 11.0

#12 Updated by Vaibhav Chauhan about 4 years ago

  • Target version changed from 11.0 to 11.0-RC

Also available in: Atom PDF