Need vmware snapshot functionality in periodic snapshots
We need to design what the new snapshot UI will look like, this ticket is to track this fix
#9 Updated by Bartosz Prokop about 3 years ago
The general concept of the snapshots/replication is that we're going to have two separate replication engines at the same time.
This means that we need some sort of switch between two GUI parts for that feature (new and old replication engine are mutually exclusive).
The snapshots GUI for the legacy snapshot/replication engine should be similar to the current one - no need for mockups(although I keen to answer any questions) and you can proceed with your work.
For the new replication/snapshot engine I would like to offer following concepts:
1. Since VMware snapshots are no longer going to be fired for every matching ZFS snapshot task (they are matched by the dataset name) the "VMware-snapshots" tab/bar is going to be no longer needed. The VMware snapshots are going to be configured within the ZFS snapshot task (it's going to be an option). Old GUI based mockup attached.
2. The snapshot taks should have name, description and 'last run' entries presented in the GUI.
3. The VMware snapshots should utilise Peer credentials store (ticket #26304)
#14 Updated by Erin Clark almost 3 years ago
- Subject changed from Need Mockup UI design for Snapshots to Need vmware snapshot functionality in periodic snapshots
- Status changed from Closed: Not Applicable to Unscreened
- Assignee changed from Erin Clark to Lola Yang
Nevermind I just realized it is not done, assigning it to lola to complete the task bartosz mentioned
#18 Updated by Bartosz Prokop almost 3 years ago
- Assignee changed from Bartosz Prokop to Lola Yang
- Target version changed from 11.2-BETA1 to 11.3
The feature parity with the old replication engine has been reached. For the actions related to the new replication I'm moving this temporary to 11.3 (I'm a blocker here).