Add Support for Backblaze B2
Updated by Bonnie Follweiler over 3 years ago
- Assignee set to William Grzybowski
Updated by William Grzybowski over 3 years ago
- Status changed from Unscreened to Screened
- Target version set to 49
Just talked to Steve Creel at Cinnaminson Township and they would like to have this feature as well.
I had another customer recently that asked about it as well.
Updated by William Grzybowski about 3 years ago
- Priority changed from No priority to Nice to have
- Target version changed from 49 to 11.1
Targeting for 11.1 but it might slip to 11.2 depending on the load of the tickets and priorities.
Another TrueNAS customer has asked about adding Backblaze support as soon as practical as S3 storage is.... shall we say "expensive".
For what purpose? The current file-level backup, or offsite pool/dataset replication?
Of course, there are clear opportunities for zfs replication, but that gets complicated because of initials versus changes, etc.
I would say that it may be smarter to keep this feature request for file-level backups, and leave the zfs snapshotting for another feature ticket for the future. I know Kris and I have talked about zfs replication to things like backblaze and s3 storage, but it is much more complicated than file-level backups.
- Related to Feature #25848: Add Cloud Sync, Google Cloud Storage, and Backblaze B2 support added
Updated by William Grzybowski almost 3 years ago
- Status changed from Screened to Ready For Release
- Target version changed from 11.1 to 11.1-BETA1
Resolved in related ticket.
- Needs QA changed from Yes to No
- QA Status Test Passes FreeNAS added
- QA Status deleted (
Test passed in FreeNAS-11-MASTER-201710180506
- Status changed from Ready For Release to Resolved
Also available in: Atom