Add paginated display of users / groups to the UI in fields that take user or group
Currently, only the first 25 or so users / groups are displayed in the UI's drop-down selector for User and Group. Remaining users are accessed via auto-completion. I don't believe this behavior is documented and tends to cause some confusion with AD users. I think some blurb about it should be included in the UI tooltip, and something about it should be included the FreeNAS docs
#1 Updated by Dru Lavigne over 4 years ago
- Assignee changed from Dru Lavigne to Warren Block
- Priority changed from No priority to Nice to have
- Target version set to 11.0-U1
Notes that it is documented as a NOTE here: http://doc.freenas.org/9.10/storage.html#change-permissions.
Passing to Warren to see if tooltips should be added (every field should have a tooltip IMHO).
#6 Updated by Warren Block almost 4 years ago
- Category changed from Documentation to GUI (new)
- Assignee changed from Warren Block to Vaibhav Chauhan
- Target version changed from 11.1 to 11.2-BETA1
A paginated display of all users would be better than a tooltip describing the limited number of users shown by default.
#7 Updated by Vaibhav Chauhan almost 4 years ago
- Subject changed from Add tooltip regarding # of displayed users / groups to the UI in fields that take user or group to Add paginated display of users / groups to the UI in fields that take user or group
- Status changed from Screened to Resolved
new UI does paginated display already