Get FreeNAS a sophisticated network GUI that does justice for VM management
Reason for Closing:
Since FreeNAS ist not only a fileserver solution any more, we need a good network management.
Especially for people who run jails and also bhyve guests they usually want their guests to reside within different vlan.
Some ones might want to put the FreeNAS host itself untagged on a switch port while the same port has tagged setup for VM guests or maybe all is tagged (802.1Q). One might want to utilize vlan, bridging and Link Aggregation all at the same time.
We need this, because it should be an easy task to just put the hosts into different VLANs. Bridging makes sure that multiple hosts can use the same vlan.
The FreeNAS host may not have an IPv4 or IPv6 address on this bridge because in some cases it should not or may not have one.
I tested Corral quite intensively with that requirement and I must say it absolutely meets those requirements. The only thing I did not try is a combination with Link Aggregation.
- Target version changed from 11.0 to 11.1
- Status changed from Unscreened to Screened
- Target version changed from 11.1 to Master - FreeNAS Nightlies
Updated by Kanthamohan Jeyaraman over 2 years ago
Is this feature going to get picked up anytime soon? I was excited that it moved to nightlies, but have not seen any progress since :-(
- Target version changed from Master - FreeNAS Nightlies to 11.3
BRB: Not in 11.2. Currently, we're focusing on feature parity, hence we'll start considering this one after we released 11.2.
- Status changed from Screened to Not Started
- Assignee changed from Xin Tan to Erin Clark
- Target version changed from 11.3 to Backlog
- Target version changed from Backlog to 11.3
- Status changed from Not Started to Closed
- Target version changed from 11.3 to N/A
- Reason for Closing set to Duplicate Issue
Peter: the work to implement this feature will occur in the related tickets.
Also available in: Atom