Allow WebDAV to function with no authentication
Per the WebGUI, the only options for WebDAV authentication are "Basic Authentication" and "Detailed Authentication". The TrueNAS customer "ReThink Robotics" would like to add a "No Authentication" option. He says that Apache and Webdav packages will allow this in FreeBSD, and it is simply a matter of us allowing it from the WebGUI.
Doc Needed = YES since this will require adding the appropriate entries to the manual.
#1 Updated by Kris Moore about 3 years ago
- Assignee set to William Grzybowski
- Priority changed from Important to Nice to have
- Target version set to TrueNAS 11.1-U2
It looks possible. Not a huge hurry on this, but I'll throw it in the hopper for 11.2, unless William says there is some other technical reason to not allow this.
#17 Updated by Rishabh Chauhan almost 3 years ago
- File webdavaccesnoauth.png webdavaccesnoauth.png added
- File webdavnoauthentication.png webdavnoauthentication.png added
- Needs QA changed from Yes to No
- QA Status Test Passes FreeNAS added
- QA Status deleted (
The no authentication option is available in webdav and I double checked by accessing if it works. It does. Refer screenshots