Disable daily system uptime report
FreeNAS 11, by default, sends a daily status message containing only the system uptime and load average. This is utterly pointless (if the system had rebooted inadvertently, the security run output would show kernel log messages), and violates the general Unix principle of running silently unless there's an error or something needs attention. This can be disabled in /etc/defaults/periodic.conf, line 119, by setting daily_status_uptime_enable to "NO".
- Status changed from Unscreened to Screened
- Assignee changed from Alexander Motin to Kris Moore
- Priority changed from No priority to Nice to have
- Target version set to 11.1
- Status changed from Screened to Resolved
Done, thanks for the report!
- Has duplicate Bug #24319: Daily report emails: receiving essentially empty added
- Target version changed from 11.1 to 11.1-BETA1
Updated by Bonnie Follweiler almost 3 years ago
- Needs QA changed from Yes to No
- QA Status Test Passes FreeNAS added
- QA Status deleted (
Also available in: Atom