Ensure minimum memory for VM guest
Upon VM creation, I can connect only once to the VM via VNC, but am presented with a blank screen and a "Connection reset by peer" error a few seconds later. Additional attempts return a "connection refused error". If I refresh the FN gui page, I can see that the VM status changes to STOPPED after the first connection attempt. I can repeat this cycle and the same behavior happens every time.
This install started at FN 9.10, and was just updated to FN 11. Never on 10, never on nightlies. Running with an abundance of CPU and memory, the server has so far been essentially idle.
Interesting line from middlewared.log: vm_run error -1, errno 14
- File debug-freenas-20170617230532.txz added
Not sure how to close this - looked in the bhyve code, found that error 14 is for low memory, and then realized the GUI wants memory in MB, not GB. Oops. Changed "8" to "8000" and VNC connected without issue.
- Status changed from Unscreened to Screened
Thanks for the report, I will add some extra debug logs anyway.
- Status changed from Screened to Resolved
- Target version set to 11.1
- Seen in changed from Unspecified to N/A
- File deleted (
- Private changed from Yes to No
- Subject changed from Cannot connect to VM via VNC to Assure minimum memory for VM guest
- Subject changed from Assure minimum memory for VM guest to Ensure minimum memory for VM guest
- Target version changed from 11.1 to 11.1-BETA1
- QA Status Test Passes FreeNAS added
- QA Status deleted (
- Needs QA changed from Yes to No
Also available in: Atom