Properly quote password created during installation
When first installing freenas 11 (and 9 I believe), setting the root password truncates it to the first space. For example, entering "the quick brown fox" causes the root password to be set to "the" instead.
When changing the root password later through the console utility, passwords containing spaces are handled correctly.
- Status changed from Unscreened to Screened
The current mechanism does not allow for spaces (or some other symbols). I suppose it could warn about that.
- Status changed from Screened to 15
- Assignee changed from Sean Fagan to Kris Moore
- Target version set to 11.2-BETA1
Should this be punted for the new GUI to dtrt?
- Status changed from 15 to Fix In Progress
- Priority changed from No priority to Nice to have
- Status changed from Fix In Progress to Needs Developer Review
- Assignee changed from Kris Moore to Brandon Schneider
Updated by Brandon Schneider almost 3 years ago
- Status changed from Needs Developer Review to Reviewed by Developer
- Assignee changed from Brandon Schneider to Kris Moore
Was reviewed many moons ago, cleaning up ticket.
- Status changed from Reviewed by Developer to Ready For Release
- Subject changed from Root password truncated at first space in initial setup to Properly quote password created during installation
- Status changed from Ready For Release to Done
- Needs Doc changed from Yes to No
- Needs Merging changed from Yes to No
- Status changed from Done to Ready for Testing
- Status changed from Ready for Testing to Passed Testing
- Severity set to New
- Needs QA changed from Yes to No
Tested with FreeNAS-11.2-MASTER-201806060445-62522c5.iso.
Root password can now successfully be set to a string containing spaces, without truncation.
- Status changed from Passed Testing to Done
Also available in: Atom