MOTD Banner need not be mandatory
On the Advanced tab of System, it is not possible to have a blank MOTD Banner. There's also a graphical glitch where "Fill out this field" flashes very quickly when I press save but there is no other indication that the field is required. If I set the MOTD to a single space and click save then the gui will put "This field is required" in red text above the box. My expectations are that a blank MOTD is acceptable and that notices should be displayed long enough to be read.
#6 Updated by Vaibhav Chauhan over 3 years ago
- Status changed from Ready For Release to 47
- Target version changed from 11.1 to 11.0-U3
cherrypicked 32a005bd612817621651c3dec0f0163b4cc9c6d8 to freenas/11.0-stable branch, we had to FF the fix as migration associated with this ticket was needed in #25336
#7 Updated by Rishabh Chauhan over 3 years ago
- File blank.png blank.png added
- File space.png space.png added
- Status changed from 47 to Ready For Release
- Needs QA changed from Yes to No
- QA Status Test Passes added
- QA Status deleted (
1. Blank in MOTD
2. Space in MOTD
check screenshot for reference!