Allow changing MTU of lagg interface
Host has two VLAN interfaces running on an LACP LAGG. Upon rebooting from the update, networking was not online. This could be corrected by running through IPV4 params on one of the VLAN interfaces without making changes, causing networking to reload. I've repeated this by rebooting.
Will happily gather needed logs - say what you require.
#1 Updated by Dru Lavigne over 2 years ago
- Category changed from 1 to 129
- Assignee changed from Release Council to Alexander Motin
Sasha, looks like there is still an issue here.
Mike: please attach a debug (System -> Advanced -> Save Debug). The ticket will be marked private until the developer has a chance to review your debug.
#5 Updated by Mike Ely over 2 years ago
I have it working right. Saw Bug #24849 where the fix was to change the MTU configuration so that it exists on the interfaces rather than the LAGG. In this case, the MTU was actually configured on the VLAN ints under options. Followed the instructions on the attached bug and the host boots with networking online.
It looks like this was a case of "I configured it wrong." Since this seems to be cropping up here and there, perhaps the right way to normalize this from a UI standpoint might be to have an explicit MTU option in the interface configuration, thereby avoiding/preventing further user error.
#7 Updated by Alexander Motin over 2 years ago
- Status changed from Unscreened to Screened
- Priority changed from No priority to Nice to have
- Target version set to 11.1
After William added added protection against setting MTU on LAGG interfaces this could be just closed, but I'll probably take a look whether we could allow MTU setting on LAGG.
#9 Updated by Alexander Motin about 2 years ago
- Tracker changed from Bug to Feature
- Subject changed from After updating from a2dc21583 to aa82cc58d, network requires manual start to Allow MTU control on LAGG interface
- Seen in deleted (
- ChangeLog Required deleted (
Reclassify this as feature request.
#15 Updated by Alexander Motin over 1 year ago
- Status changed from Not Started to Unscreened
- Assignee changed from Alexander Motin to Ryan Moeller
Ryan, would be nice to have this fixed to avoid specific hack in middleware. IIRC lagg locking was modified in 12, so not sure work done can be merged to 11, but 12 may be good too.
#21 Updated by Alexander Motin about 1 year ago
I've just merged fresh FreeBSD stable/11 including the lagg patch to freenas/11-stable.