Nameserver in GUI does not reflect what is set in resolv.conf when DC is enabled
Reason for Closing:
Attached in the following screenshot you can see where DNS in GUI shows 10.20.20.122, and resolv.conf shows localhost 127.0.0.1. After disabling DC 127.0.0.1 is also still used for DNS. As a result turning off DC requires the user to re-enter, and reapply an external DNS address even though the GUI shows a valid external address. This is very misleading.
- Status changed from Untriaged to Unscreened
- Assignee changed from Release Council to William Grzybowski
Updated by William Grzybowski about 3 years ago
- Assignee changed from William Grzybowski to John Hixson
I am not even sure that is an issue. resolv.conf is not the ultimate source of truth.
Over to John to confirm.
- Status changed from Unscreened to 15
- Priority changed from No priority to Important
- Target version set to 11.1
Are you saying when DC is disabled that resolv.conf still shows 127.0.0.1? If so, then this is a bug ;-) I thought I had fixed that. Can you confirm this is what is being stated?
- Assignee changed from John Hixson to Joe Maloney
John. Yes that is what I was saying. Disabling DC leaves 127.0.0.1 present as the nameserver. It does not restore the previous nameserver 10.20.20.122 until it is re-entered in place of what is shown, and re-applied from the GUI.
- Status changed from 15 to 46
- Assignee changed from Joe Maloney to John Hixson
- Status changed from 46 to Investigation
Thanks for clarifying, will investigate.
- Target version changed from 11.1 to 11.1-U1
- Category changed from OS to GUI (new)
- Status changed from Investigation to Unscreened
- Assignee changed from John Hixson to Erin Clark
- Target version changed from 11.1-U1 to 11.2-BETA1
This should be targetted for the new GUI. Erin, please sync with John if the UI team needs any help in getting the call to accomplish this.
- Status changed from Unscreened to Screened
- Target version changed from 11.2-BETA1 to 11.3
- Status changed from Screened to Not Started
- Target version changed from 11.3 to Backlog
- Related to Bug #36588: Regenerate /etc/resolv.conf when disabling Domain Controller service added
- Target version changed from Backlog to 11.2-RC1
- Assignee changed from Erin Clark to Vaibhav Chauhan
- Target version changed from 11.2-RC1 to 11.2-RC2
- Status changed from Not Started to Closed
closed by related middleware ticket
- Target version changed from 11.2-RC2 to N/A
- Reason for Closing set to Duplicate Issue
Also available in: Atom