Add Docker section to Guide
Dear iXSystems team,
thank you very much for everything that you have provided! I am a long
time user and I have gone with you the journey of Corral and back again
(had to re-install ...). I work in a global function for a very large
multi-national company and 3 countries are today using TrueNAS now on my
recommendation. I am a great fan of your products and today I am
writing in a private capacity.
Corral offered Docker support. The Internet is full of references.
This is confusing. Please add a section "docker" to the FreeNAS 11
documentation -- saying that experimental support was in FreeNAS 10 and
it did not pan out and if you want it, install a VM. Perhaps you could
even recommend an image or say that an image is in the making or some
such thing. But you absolutely should mention Docker in the
documentation and give the current status.
#1 Updated by Dru Lavigne over 1 year ago
- Status changed from Untriaged to Unscreened
- Assignee changed from Release Council to Kris Moore
Kris: it's been a while since you gave a status report on what we're doing with docker on the forums. Can your next post provide an update on the design and when we're expecting it that we can point this customer to?
#6 Updated by Kris Moore over 1 year ago
- Category changed from OS to Documentation
- Status changed from Screened to Unscreened
- Assignee changed from Kris Moore to Warren Block
Now that docker has landed in the form of RancherOS for 11.1 we can go ahead and throw a bit into the handbook about it. Over to Warren.
#8 Updated by Dru Lavigne over 1 year ago
- Subject changed from Docker Support Suggestion to Add Docker section to Guide
- Status changed from Screened to Ready For Release
- Assignee changed from Dru Lavigne to Warren Block
- Target version changed from 11.2-BETA1 to 11.1