Reenable Chelsio TCP offload now that bug in T580-SO-CR 4x10G is fixed
On the latest TrueNAS 11 production releng, the Chelsio T580-SO-CR card is not detected by the OS.
Tried an older version (9.3) and the card was detected just fine.
When attempting to change trains to 9.10 from 11, this message appears: The following Inconsistencies were found in your Current Install: List of Checksum Mismatches: /usr/local/share/vpds/t580_lp_so_spider_variable_2133_vpd.bin /usr/local/share/vpds/t580_lp_so_variable_vpd.bin
#5 Updated by Alexander Motin over 1 year ago
- Status changed from Unscreened to 15
It seems to be a return of the bug fixed in 9.10.2 earlier. Unfortunately I still can't reproduce it in my lab since I don't have "SO" version of the card, which seems only affected due to its limited RAM size. Can you give me access to such system?
You may also try to update to nightly train to see whether new firmware bundled there can help.
#21 Updated by Joe Maloney over 1 year ago
I starting testing this morning with the system Andrew provided.
To begin I removed the following tunables which were set manually from the webui:
hw.cxgbe.toecaps_allowed=0 hw.cxgbe.rdmacaps_allowed=0 hw.cxgbe.iscsicaps_allowed=0
- Proceeded to reboot to verify tunables were not loaded.
- Verified that cxl devices were missing as expected.
- I upgraded to u2.1 internal using update-int.
- Upon reboot autotuner kicked in set the tunables, and rebooted again.
- Verified all cxl devices were present.
- Loader tunables are not present in webui but are obviously loaded.
Assuming this is expected I see no issues. Do we expect the additional reboot will have any impact on failover for HA? This system I tested on was not HA. Before marking test passes I would like for someone to review my feedback.
- Status changed from Resolved to Done
- Target version changed from TrueNAS-11.0-U2.1 to TrueNAS 11.2
- Needs QA changed from No to Yes
- Needs Doc changed from Yes to No
- Needs Merging changed from Yes to No
I've reenabled back TCP offload for 11.2 since merged FW update is told to properly fix the original issue. But it needs to be verified.
- Project changed from TrueNAS to FreeNAS
- Subject changed from T580-SO-CR Not working with latest TrueNAS to Reenable Chelsio TCP offload now that bug in T580-SO-CR 4x10G is fixed
- Category changed from OS to OS
- Target version changed from TrueNAS 11.2 to 11.2-BETA1
- Migration Needed deleted (
- Hide from ChangeLog deleted (
- Support Department Priority deleted (