Prevent creation of duplicate vlan
This would be for FreeNAS and TrueNAS
I recreated it in TrueNAS-11.0-U2 (2d3b18b24)
This is a current customer's issue. Sam Fourman has further details, if needed.
Go to Network ->Vlan and create a vlan
create a second vlan with the exact same name/credentials
Go to Network ->Interfaces and edit one of the vlan's you just set up and save.
#1 Updated by William Grzybowski about 1 year ago
- Project changed from TrueNAS to FreeNAS
- Subject changed from TrueNAS doesn't warn against, or block the ability, to create a duplicate Vlan to No warn against, or block the ability, to create a duplicate Vlan
- Category changed from 585 to 2
- Status changed from Unscreened to Screened
- Priority changed from No priority to Important
- Target version set to 11.1
- Needs QA changed from Yes to No
- QA Status Test Passes FreeNAS added
- QA Status deleted (
Test passes QA
Side comment about functionality/devil advocate. I can see reasons why people might use the same vlan on different interfaces(of course with different names) which this doesn't allow but I will chalk that option also being blocked as a design decision here not a bug.
- File freenas-vlan.png freenas-vlan.png added
- File truenas-vlan.png truenas-vlan.png added
- QA Status Test Fails TrueNAS added
This is currently not working in TrueNAS-11.0-U5-RC1 (c8d802e24). I am able to create multiple vlans with the same id for the same interface as shown in the screenshot. It works as expected with FreeNAS 11.1-RC1 as shown in the screenshot.