Allow $ character in IPMI password
I was trying to get a handle on the IPMI interface in the FreeNAS GUI and lost outside access to IPMI via the direct IPMI/BMC ethernet port and address.
I was able to "fix" my outside access by using a password that did not use a "$" character in the FreeNAS GUI.
So, in summary, I have been a longtime user of IPMI independently of FreeNAS, no issues.
1. Set "Pa5$w0rd" in FreeNAS GUI --> lose outside access.
2. Set "Pa55w0rd" in FreeNAS GUI --> get outside access back.
3. Repeat with "hotdog" and "hotdog$" to verify trouble is repeatable and with the "$" character in the password.
4. Report bug.
fix(middlewared/ipmi): no need to quote, no longer using shell
#4 Updated by William Grzybowski over 1 year ago
- Status changed from Screened to Ready For Release
- Priority changed from No priority to Nice to have
Actually, I believe this has been fixed as part of the logic move to middlewared, using run() instead of shell Popen.
Fix will be available in 11.1
#8 Updated by Bonnie Follweiler over 1 year ago
- QA Status Test Fails FreeNAS added
- QA Status deleted (
I updated to FreeNAS-11.1-RC1
I logged on as Username:admin Password:admin
I changed the password to a$dmin and it gives me an "Invalid Authentication" error message
If you want to verify I have the machine availble for you to test