Enable IPMI support in collectd
Attempts to use the "Loadplugin ipmi" with collectd fail as there is no ipmi.so shipped with FreeNAS 9.3
This plugin is useful for monitoring fan speeds, temperatures and voltages from hardware devices.
- Assignee changed from Release Council to Alexander Motin
Sasha: can this module be added to the build?
- Status changed from Unscreened to Screened
- Priority changed from No priority to Nice to have
- Target version set to 11.1
- Seen in changed from 9.3-RELEASE to 11.0-U4
It should be trivial one line change in port configuration. It just need be checked that it builds and works.
Building ipmi on FreeBSD 9.3 required extra packages: OpenIPMI and popt. There may be one other.
- Status changed from Screened to 19
I've added IPMI option to collectd. Will try it on next build.
- Subject changed from collectd does not support ipmi plugin to Enable IPMI support in collectd
- Target version changed from 11.1 to 11.1-BETA1
Mav, this seems OK from build side, does it appear to work on runtime?
It does builds and loads in VMware, but I haven't tried it on real IPMI hardware yet.
- Related to Bug #26297: Integrate IPMI module into UI added
- Status changed from 19 to Resolved
- Needs QA changed from Yes to No
- QA Status Test Passes FreeNAS added
- QA Status deleted (
Also available in: Atom