Call ZFS pools "pools" and not "volumes"
Yes, I know this is an immense amount of work.
However, it would make things much easier for everyone in the long run. New users get confused about this all the time (especially when they hear of zvols and immediately start to misinterpret basic information) and it's an endless source of frustration for the community when trying to help them. It's also confusing for users with ZFS experience who are new to FreeNAS, since they reasonably expect to see "pool" used throughout. It's also one less thing for the docs team to worry about, long-term (though it is a lot of work short-term, some of it may be needed due to the new GUI anyway).
- Assignee changed from Release Council to Erin Clark
- Target version set to 11.3
- Status changed from Unscreened to Screened
- Status changed from Screened to Needs Developer Review
- Assignee changed from Erin Clark to Lola Yang
- Status changed from Needs Developer Review to 46
- Assignee changed from Lola Yang to Erin Clark
Erin: looks like this one has some conflicts to resolve.
- Status changed from 46 to In Progress
I've been waiting for this section to stabilize some before attempting again, too easy to get conflicts with it and there are still things to finish on it, might have to wait till after 11.3 to do it
- Status changed from In Progress to Done
- Target version changed from 11.3 to Master - FreeNAS Nightlies
- Needs Merging changed from Yes to No
As discussed, we'll mark this one as done and create additional tickets as required.
- Related to Bug #30801: Term for pools not used consistently added
Also available in: Atom