Ensure uniqueness by combining guest VM name with its ID number
I can created an exact duplicate VM (not a clone).
Shouldn't this be blocked or at least a warning given?
#5 Updated by Marcelo Araujo over 1 year ago
- Status changed from Unscreened to Screened
- Priority changed from No priority to Nice to have
It should not be a problem have two VMs with the same name, because every entry in the database has an unique key.
However when I try to launch the vm, I always use its name without associate with the id number, and in this case, you can't launch two bhyve process with the same vm name..
I need to check how much code is necessary to change to support it prior to 11.1-U1.
#7 Updated by Marcelo Araujo over 1 year ago
- Status changed from Fix In Progress to Reviewed by Developer
It was committed and reviewed already via PR.
#10 Updated by Nick Wolff over 1 year ago
- QA Status Test Fails FreeNAS added
- QA Status deleted (
We can still have collisions as vm's can end in numbers. Collision are much harder to do though
1. On box with no vm's create vm called "freenas1" .
2. Create 10 more vm's with 10th called "freenas"
3. Start 1st vm
4. You will see "freenas1" and "freenas" marked as running.