Change minimum required memory to 8GB in installer
The minimum was still set to 4GB. Fix that, and clarify the messages.
Updated by Eric Loewenthal about 1 year ago
Probably 7-7.5GB, to not spook people just because the system firmware is using a few MB of their 8GB.
Updated by Warren Block about 1 year ago
- Status changed from Untriaged to Ready For Release
The code actually subtracts 1GB from the minimum required to allow for system overhead.
- Subject changed from Really change minimum required memory to 8GB in installer to Change minimum required memory to 8GB in installer
- Target version set to 11.1-RC1
- Status changed from Ready For Release to Resolved
Updated by Rishabh Chauhan about 1 year ago
- File 8gbram.png 8gbram.png added
- Needs QA changed from Yes to No
- QA Status Test Passes FreeNAS added
- QA Status deleted (
ram requirement changed to 8gb
- Related to Bug #26692: Text Issue During Setup added
Also available in: Atom