Saving System-Advanced settings shouldn't validate serial choice if not enabled
When I go to System -> Advanced and try to save, I shouldn't be getting errors about "Invalid Serial port" choice, when the serial option isn't even selected. Better yet, we should grey-out or disable the serial speed and serial port options if "Enable Serial" isn't checked.
#16 Updated by Bonnie Follweiler over 3 years ago
- File Screen Shot 2018-04-19 at 11.19.56 AM.png Screen Shot 2018-04-19 at 11.19.56 AM.png added
- Status changed from Resolved to In Progress
- Assignee changed from Nesma Shah to Anonymous
- Target version changed from Master - FreeNAS Nightlies to 11.2-BETA1
This is happening after I updated to the latest FreeNAS Nightly - FreeNAS-11-MASTER-201804190410
I tried to turn on "show Console Message" and when I clciked save I got the error message "Select a valid choice. 0x2f8 is not one of the available choices. "
Enable Serial Console is not checked. The Serial Speed is non-enterable.
(screen shot provided
#20 Updated by Anonymous over 3 years ago
- Assignee changed from Anonymous to William Grzybowski
This error appears to be coming from the middleware, the payload I am seeing is:
adv_motd: "Welcome to FreeNAS"
since serialconsole is false the other fields are disabled and thus not even populated with a value, can this be fixed on the middleware side or is there something else we need to do on the UI side, William?
#21 Updated by William Grzybowski over 3 years ago
- Assignee changed from William Grzybowski to Anonymous
The REST 1.0 API cannot just not received the serialport attribute, it needs to be set regardless of serial enable or not.
1) Switch to use websocket system.advanced.config and system.advanced.update
2) Always provide adv_serialport