Samba - Domain Controller - Functional level options missing
This is regarding 11.1-RC1 BTW, but is likely applicable to earlier versions.
I just started beating up 11.1-RC1 in my lab, and I noticed something odd. It's running Samba v4.7, but the domain controller section only allows up to 2008/2008R2 functional level for an AD DC.
Now, Samba has had support for 2012/2012R2 since v4.4 : https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Raising_the_Functional_Levels
So... perhaps update the list? :^)
#5 Updated by Dru Lavigne over 3 years ago
- Category changed from OS to GUI (new)
- Status changed from Screened to Not Started
- Assignee changed from Timur Bakeyev to Anonymous
- Target version changed from 11.2-BETA1 to 11.3
Erin: BloodyIron is referring to the "Domain Forest Level" drop-down menu at http://doc.freenas.org/11/services.html#domain-controller. Timur can assist if you need a middleware piece to implement the additional functional levels.
#8 Updated by Timur Bakeyev over 3 years ago
- Assignee changed from Timur Bakeyev to Vaibhav Chauhan
It's basically has only cosmetic effect, as those levels are not really supported by Samba itself.
#11 Updated by Dru Lavigne over 3 years ago
- Assignee changed from Anonymous to Timothy Moore II
- Needs Merging changed from Yes to No
Tim: please verify if this affects any tooltips and that it is added to the chart of doc differences as this table will need to be updated when the new UI becomes the default: http://doc.freenas.org/11/services.html#id41. You can then mark the ticket as done.
#12 Updated by Timothy Moore II over 3 years ago
- Status changed from In Progress to Done
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Needs QA changed from Yes to No
- Needs Doc changed from Yes to No
Ok, I took three actions on this one:
1. Updated tracking document (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RG0B2LQ81MODxqNS1vBIvggZdEkLGhn0jAolrG1cuP4/edit) with an entry for this change.
2. (https://github.com/freenas/webui/pull/359) Updated New UI tooltip for Domain Controller/ Domain Forest Level tooltip to reflect the changes listed here.
3. (https://github.com/freenas/freenas-docs/pull/51) Updated the FreeNAS User Guide "Services" chapter to reflect the changes listed here.
Once merged, these changes complete this ticket.