Fix UEFI boot menu to allow Linux kernels 4.15 and higher to boot properly in bhyve VMs
This may be related to the CD-ROM ticket I have for VMs ( https://redmine.ixsystems.com/issues/26704 ).
I installed Ubuntu into a VM, ran updates within the VM just fine, rebooted the VM a few times successfully (fully booted).
Then I rebooted (nicely) the FreeNAS host, and now when the VM comes up, it kicks to a UEFI recovery console. :(
Not sure how to fix this, but this sure seems like a bug to me!
#1 Updated by BloodyIron - over 2 years ago
But I'm still hoping we can get something baked into FreeNAS to smooth these things over. Not sure what that would look like.
(sorry not sure how to correctly close tickets in this system)
#11 Updated by Dru Lavigne almost 2 years ago
- Subject changed from UEFI boot menu for VM seems to break after FreeNAS host reboot to Fix UEFI boot menu to allow Linux kernels 4.15 and higher to boot properly in bhyve VMs
- Status changed from In Progress to Ready for Testing
- Target version changed from Backlog to 11.2-BETA1
- Reason for Blocked deleted (
Waiting for feedback)
- Needs Merging changed from Yes to No
This will be ready for testing starting with tomorrow's nightly.
#13 Updated by Dru Lavigne almost 2 years ago
- Needs Doc changed from Yes to No