Allow IPv6 addresses with zone indexes for IPv6 Default Gateway
the (valid) link local IPv6 default route fe80::1%bge0 is not accepte by the web interface. Error message "Invalid IPv6 address: fe80::1%bge0".
Entering the route on a shell, "route -6 add default fe80::1%bge0" works as expected.
Having a router on a link local IPv6 address is a very common use case. FreeNAS should allow that.
Marc, having no clue whether the GUI being presented is the django or the new GUI. Hence, the screenshot.
fix(network): Allow IPv6 addresses with zone indexes for IPv6 Default Gateway
#5 Updated by Dru Lavigne over 1 year ago
- Category changed from GUI (new) to 2
- Status changed from 15 to Unscreened
- Assignee changed from Release Council to William Grzybowski
William: passing to you first to delegate if a middleware piece is needed. Otherwise, please pass to Erin to delegate to new GUI team.
#11 Updated by Dru Lavigne about 1 year ago
- Subject changed from Cannot enter link local IPv6 default route in Web interface to Allow IPv6 addresses with zone indexes for IPv6 Default Gateway
- Status changed from Ready For Release to Done
- Needs Doc changed from Yes to No
- Needs Merging changed from Yes to No