Fix an issue with upgrading into an existing boot pool
Grub install fails on upgrade via iso while trying to embedded into bios boot partition. Error show in attached image.
Discovered in 11.1 and traced back to at least 11.0.
Install some version via iso as uefi.
Boot ISO of newer version and selected upgrade and install into new boot environment.
Install fails as seen below
- Status changed from Untriaged to Unscreened
- Assignee changed from Release Council to Kris Moore
Kris: have you encountered that error before?
- Status changed from Unscreened to Screened
- Priority changed from No priority to Nice to have
- Target version set to 11.1-U1
Nope, but I think I can figure out the cause. Its trying to do a BIOS stamp on EFI boot, probably bug in installer shell somewhere. Not super critical, but I'll work on it for 11.0-U1
- Status changed from Screened to Needs Developer Review
- Assignee changed from Kris Moore to Sean Fagan
- Target version changed from 11.1-U1 to 11.2-BETA1
- Status changed from Needs Developer Review to Reviewed by Developer
- Assignee changed from Sean Fagan to Kris Moore
- Status changed from Reviewed by Developer to Ready For Release
- Subject changed from Upgrade via iso into new boot environment fails to Fix an issue with upgrading into an existing boot pool
- Status changed from Ready For Release to Done
- Needs Doc changed from Yes to No
- Needs Merging changed from Yes to No
- Status changed from Done to Ready for Testing
- Status changed from Ready for Testing to Passed Testing
- Severity set to New
- Needs QA changed from Yes to No
Looks to work if in FreeNAS-11.2-MASTER-201806191350 (4d34a765b)
- Status changed from Passed Testing to Done
Also available in: Atom