Jail Limbo for 11.1 STABLE channel Users
FreeNAS 11.1 is still stuck with the 11.0 jail template, which has been EOL since November 2017.
It's not possible to build many ports when using this template.
As such - the Jails feature is non-functional in the current production UI.
Meanwhile, Iocage GUI support in the BETA UI is not ready.
According to https://redmine.ixsystems.com/issues/20169 iocage transition has slipped to 11.3, planned for July 2018.
Please support maintenance of core functionality in the STABLE channel.
#1 Updated by Dru Lavigne over 2 years ago
- Category changed from Middleware to OS
- Status changed from Not Started to Closed
- Assignee changed from Kris Moore to Release Council
- Priority changed from Regression to Nice to have
- Target version changed from 11.1-U2 to N/A
- Severity changed from High to New
- Reason for Closing set to Not to be fixed
As listed on several other tickets and in the forums, users can either upgrade their current jails if they wish to update the software running in them or create new jails using iocage. Also, in the referenced ticket, the only outstanding issue under the umbrella bug is the documentation and that is slated to go in for 11.2.