Improve label of iSCSI target graph and improve Disk Reporting page in new UI
User wishes to watch diskIO (as one might wish to do).
- First problem is, the UI limits the display to 20 graphs, but even a moderate size pool generates about 5 graphs per disk, so a pool of 10 - 15 HDD/SSDs will generate 70+ graphs. The UI then prevents a user from watching them simultaneously, even as small sized graphs, and there is no kind of higher level summary graph to use instead.
- Second problem is that even on a decent platform (I'm running a hexacore client and quad core Xeon v4 NAS with tons of RAM and not a lot else going on), the prettiness of the graphs requires enough CPOU that apparently something cannot cope. It shouldn't have that issue but apparently it does. So even the few graphs/partial reporting set I can see, aren't actually rendering happily or at all.
The reporting side badly needs a different approach that can cope with moderate 10 - 15 device pools, and it should be able to handle more. It should probably provide a tabular version or a set of graphs that are less intensive to render (who cares if "pretty"!) and perhaps highger level such as vdev or "customised" selections. ("gstat" and "zfs iostat" can do it, this should be able to as well.)
#5 Updated by Damian Szidiropulosz over 2 years ago
- Status changed from Not Started to Screened
- Severity set to Med High
This will be addressed as part of a broader optimisation effort of the c3.js library and how the reporting page is put together in general. Currently the navigation is accomplished using tabs. Unfortunately the tabs don't destroy the content when they aren't selected, they merely hide it. This means all those hidden charts continue to take up resources. Many of the widgets will undergo a redesign since they don't scale very well. After 11.2-BETA1 is out, the work on the reporting page will commence.
#16 Updated by Dru Lavigne almost 2 years ago
- Subject changed from DiskIO reporting page in NewUI cannot cope with a moderate sized pool to Improve Disk Reporting page in new UI
- Status changed from In Progress to Ready for Testing
- Needs Merging changed from Yes to No