VM interface should add tap description when booting a virtual machine
I am asking to add a feature present in iohyve but not in the web interface.
In iohyve tap interfaces got a description which allowed to identify the virtual machine they belonged to.
VMs run from the web interface don't have any description. This makes difficult to debug any problems, specially if you are setting only-guest networks, or running tcpdumps inside freenas.
It would be a nice feature.
- Category changed from Middleware to GUI (new)
- Assignee changed from Release Council to Anonymous
- Target version set to 11.2-U2
- Assignee changed from Anonymous to Vaibhav Chauhan
- Assignee changed from Vaibhav Chauhan to William Grzybowski
passing to middleware team after talking with William.
- Category changed from GUI (new) to Middleware
Updated by William Grzybowski over 2 years ago
- Assignee changed from William Grzybowski to Brandon Schneider
- Target version changed from 11.2-U2 to 11.3
Updated by Brandon Schneider over 2 years ago
- Status changed from Unscreened to In Progress
- Status changed from In Progress to Ready for Testing
- Copied to Feature #68473: Update ifconfig to display started virtual machine names in tap descriptions added
- Status changed from Ready for Testing to Done
- Target version changed from 11.3 to Master - FreeNAS Nightlies
- Needs QA changed from Yes to No
- Needs Doc changed from Yes to No
- Needs Merging changed from Yes to No
Also available in: Atom