TrueNAS - 11.0-U6
A customer has a very long MOTD message for SSH. When I tried to paste it into the WebGUI field under System -> Advanced -> MOTD Banner it does not fit. This seems to be a WebGUI limitation and not an SSH limitation.
Please make the maximum size at least twice what it currently is.
- Project changed from TrueNAS to FreeNAS
- Description updated (diff)
- Category changed from GUI to Middleware
- Assignee changed from Ash Gokhale to William Grzybowski
- Target version changed from N/A to 11.2-RC2
- Support Suite Ticket deleted (
- Migration Needed deleted (
- Hide from ChangeLog deleted (
- Support Department Priority deleted (
William: please pass to Erin instead if middleware is not needed.
Updated by William Grzybowski about 2 years ago
- Target version changed from 11.2-RC2 to 11.3
- Severity set to Low
Updated by William Grzybowski almost 2 years ago
- Assignee changed from William Grzybowski to Waqar Ahmed
- Status changed from Not Started to In Progress
- % Done changed from 0 to 90
- Status changed from In Progress to Done
- % Done changed from 90 to 100
- Subject changed from WebGUI limits MOTD size- please make the allowed size larger to Increase size of MOTD
- Target version changed from 11.3 to 11.2-BETA1
- Needs Doc changed from Yes to No
- Needs Merging changed from Yes to No
- Status changed from Done to Ready for Testing
From the commits it looked like the size was changed by 10x to 10240, but I can save and display a much larger message. Suffice it to say, this is no longer an issue, as the MOTD box can fit an excessively large string and can display it just fine.
- Needs QA changed from Yes to No
- Status changed from Ready for Testing to Done
Also available in: Atom