Need a warning dialog before upgrading your pool
Upgrading a pool is a non-reversable operation that could make the some features of the pool incompatible with older versions of FreeNAS, we should make the user be aware of this before they begin upgrading. Could you add a warning dialog that lets the user know and has them confirm before the upgrade operation occurs?
#5 Updated by Peter Southwell over 3 years ago
have full end to end working..
Here's how I got it tested..
1) install iso in VM for 9.3
2) Create a zfs_pool and dataset in the UI.
3) Upgrade to 11.1 stable.
4) From 11.1 stable (After it upgrades). THEN install the nightlies... This works!
5) Go to volumes.. You'll see that your volume created in 9.3 (THE ZFS_POOL) has a new menu option (Upgrade)
6) Push Upgrade.. Get a confirmation Box.. Are you sure.. This volume wont work with back versions if you do.. Confirm...
7) You'll see the Successfully Upgraded Volume Message Dialog.. Go to menu.. Upgrade Menu option is gone :)