Document in the Guide how users can submit iocage plugins
I created an iocage-based plugin for MineOS. The question is how would I make it "official"...
Check it out at: https://github.com/jsegaert/iocage-plugin-mineos
Are there any criteria or constraints, or is the wonderful world of FOSS just a free-for-all and am I just supposed to create a PR to the https://github.com/freenas/iocage-ix-plugins repo?
Some guidance would be nice. :-)
- The "artifact" repo: Is the idea that (for official plugins) these would be hosted by FreeNAS? (i.e. https://github.com/freenas/iocage-plugin-mineos versus https://github.com/jsegaert/iocage-plugin-mineos)
- The "packagesite" packages: The official plugins are all using packages from http://pkg.cdn.trueos.org/iocage, where some of the packages I needed are not in there, so I reverted to the standard http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/FreeBSD:11:amd64/latest (or quarterly).
Do I make sense? Anyway, iocage is great! I imagine that the folks on the forums will figure out pretty soon how to make custom plugins. It would be nice to publish some official direction and/or documentation around this, sooner rather than later.
Note: This may be related to (but is quite different from) https://redmine.ixsystems.com/issues/20236
#2 Updated by Aaron St. John about 1 year ago
#8 Updated by Dru Lavigne about 1 year ago
- Subject changed from Guidelines/documentation to make 3rd party iocage plugin official to Documentation for user-contributed iocage plugins
- Status changed from In Progress to Done
- Target version changed from 11.2-RC2 to 11.2-BETA1
- Needs QA changed from Yes to No
- Needs Doc changed from Yes to No
- Needs Merging changed from Yes to No