Account -> Add New User -> Shell Default shell shown is csh the actual default shell is ZSH
Account -> Shell
csh is shown as the default shell
The default shell is actually ZSH
ZSH is not even in the list...
Need to add ZSH to the list and show ZSH as the default
#11 Updated by Michael Reynolds over 3 years ago
- File ListOfShellsLegacy-2018-04-09.png ListOfShellsLegacy-2018-04-09.png added
- File ListOfShellsNewUI-2018-04-09.png ListOfShellsNewUI-2018-04-09.png added
- Subject changed from Account -> Shell Default shell shown is csh the actual default shell is ZSH to Account -> Add New User -> Shell Default shell shown is csh the actual default shell is ZSH
- Assignee changed from Michael Reynolds to Anonymous
- Target version changed from Master - FreeNAS Nightlies to 11.2-RC2
This is fixed in the Legacy UI in ticket https://redmine.ixsystems.com/issues/26374
This is still an issue in the New UI.
The list of shells in the Legacy UI can be seen in the ListOfShellsLegacy-2018-04-09.png screenshot.
The list of shells in the New UI can be seen in the ListOfShellsNewUI-2018-04-09.png screenshot.
The issue remains that the New UI does not have the complete list of shells as seen in the 2 screenshots.
The New UI needs the complete list of shells available in the Legacy UI.
I spoke to William about the issue with the default shell. The default shell is set to zsh for only new installs. Upgrades do not get the shell set to zsh as we have no way of knowing if a user left csh as the default, or if they specifically selected csh.
#13 Updated by Anonymous over 3 years ago
- File screenshot-20180409-171947.jpg screenshot-20180409-171947.jpg added
- File screenshot-20180409-172000.jpg screenshot-20180409-172000.jpg added
The list should be scrollable with more options down on it, looking at my system that I updated this morning I see the following shells as in my screenshot