Don't restart NTP when changing the GUI language
Changing the language in the GUI, new and old alike, restarts ntpd for some reason.
Some have described this behavior as "This is a bit like the light over the stove turning on when you flush the toilet.".
Example: In FreeNAS-11-MASTER-201803240729, changing the language to German and back to English results in:
Apr 14 23:46:41 backup ntpd: ntpd exiting on signal 15 (Terminated) Apr 14 23:46:41 backup ntpd: ntpd 4.2.8p11-a (1): Starting Apr 14 23:48:22 backup ntpd: ntpd exiting on signal 15 (Terminated) Apr 14 23:48:23 backup ntpd: ntpd 4.2.8p11-a (1): Starting
DrKK found this as far back as 9.10.2 and I have confirmed it on both 9.10.2 and the 11.2 nightly mentioned above. Again, both GUIs do this.
#1 Updated by Dru Lavigne over 2 years ago
- Category changed from OS to Middleware
- Status changed from Unscreened to Blocked
- Assignee changed from Release Council to William Grzybowski
- Target version set to 11.2-RC2
- Private changed from No to Yes
- Reason for Blocked set to Need additional information from Author
Over to William first to see if this is middleware.
Eric: please reproduce then attach a debug to this ticket so we can see what is happening on the middleware side.
#9 Updated by Dru Lavigne over 2 years ago
- Subject changed from Changing the GUI language restarts ntpd to Don't restart NTP when changing the GUI language
- Target version changed from 11.2-RC2 to 11.2-BETA1
- Private changed from Yes to No
- Needs QA changed from No to Yes
- Needs Merging changed from Yes to No