Fix installation using serial console
The specific build used for testing can be found here:
For testing the vm-template being used:
I also tested with graphics="YES", and I did confirm booting does in fact work with bhyve. The only issue is that serial output with nmdm console is no longer working.
Revert "Light up as many consoles as we can."
This change cause more harm then good. Without setting boot_serial it
makes unpredictable which console become primary, and on which installer
menu will appear. We probably need some loader menu or other solution.
This reverts commit 3b05806bac773630f9f0a322263d8e3ab3c130a0.
(cherry picked from commit 2076c146a7cb15932686080b68df96349ae23d8a)
Add loader menu item to force serial console
Selecting the new menu item sets the following loader variables:
Then the system proceeds to boot.
- Subject changed from Fix serial console detection in installer to Add loader menu item to force serial console
- Status changed from In Progress to Ready for Testing
- Needs Doc changed from No to Yes
- Needs Merging changed from Yes to No
freenas/11-stable PR: https://github.com/freenas/os/pull/127
- File boot_screen.jpg boot_screen.jpg added
- File console.jpg console.jpg added
- Status changed from Ready for Testing to Passed Testing
- Needs QA changed from Yes to No
In FreeNAS-11.2-MASTER-201807171249(Build Date: Jul 17, 2018 15:52) I, paused the loader to give me time to press the #2 in the Boot Loading Options