Restart nginx after editing SSL certificate
Reason for Closing:
Not to be fixed
After editing an SSL certificate (as in the content of a certificate, not between two certificates), you must restart nginx for the change to take effect.
Work around is to
`service nginx restart`, but this should be done automatically after a certificate is modified.
Updated by Dru Lavigne over 1 year ago
- Category changed from GUI (new) to Middleware
- Assignee changed from Release Council to William Grzybowski
Updated by William Grzybowski over 1 year ago
- Status changed from Unscreened to Closed
- Target version changed from Backlog to N/A
- Reason for Closing set to Not to be fixed
In 11.2 we are not allowing certificate to be edited anymore, we believe thats wrong.
You have to create a new certificate.
Updated by Eduard Avetisyan 9 months ago
- Seen in changed from 11.1-U4 to 11.2-RELEASE-U1
And so, after one created a new one, what are the actions to take?
I've set the new cert to be used in the System->General->GUI SSL Certificate part, but nothing happened, also when I removed the old certificate.
In nginx config also still the old one is listed, and hence restarting it doesn't help much.
please reopen, or add docu!
Updated by Dru Lavigne 9 months ago
Eduard: please open a new ticket that includes a copy of your debug (System -> Advanced -> Save debug) after reproducing the issue.
Also available in: Atom