Can't create a clone
See attached screenshot.
To reproduce, select a snapshot, click its Clone action, note that there is a default name pre-filled in for you, then click Save.
The default fails because it does not begin with name@. In this case, the snapshot name was correct (email@example.com) but the clone default was wrong (volume1-auto-20180511.1410-2h-clone).
#3 Updated by Erin Clark over 2 years ago
- Status changed from Unscreened to Screened
The regex is coming from the middleware side (I dont think you can make a dataset with an @ in it can you?). As for why it isn't creating a snapshot for you I am not quite sure but that error does not reproduce on my box.
#5 Updated by Dru Lavigne over 2 years ago
- File example.png example.png added
- Subject changed from Can't create a clone due to incorrect regex to Can't create a clone
- Status changed from Closed to Unscreened
I still can't create a clone on FreeNAS-11.2-MASTER-201805210905. Attached is the error.
To recreate: click on a snapshot in Storage -> Snapshots, click Clone (which gives a default clone name), and click Save.
#10 Updated by Erin Clark over 2 years ago
- File screenshot-20180530-130919.jpg screenshot-20180530-130919.jpg added
- File screenshot-20180530-130906.jpg screenshot-20180530-130906.jpg added
So I think I am confused as to how yours doesn't have the /, because mine does which is why it always just seems to work on mine. See the screenshots attached. I could possibly strip the path from the snapshot and add it in post but that would be changing the behavior.