Change true/false to yes/no in entity tables to reduce size of crowded tables in new UI
The width of the user information list is a problem. We can address some of that by using shorter symbols instead of longer words.
Builtin, Disable Password Login, Lock User, Permit Sudo, and Microsoft Account are all boolean fields that can be represented in the user list with checkboxes (preferable) or "Yes" or "No", rather than "true" or "false".
In a narrow window, only the first two or three letters and an ellipsis show now, like "fal..." for false. This is confusing for the user.
Making the list so the headers can wrap, like showing "Microsoft Account" as two lines, will also help with horizontal space and visibility.
#7 Updated by Dru Lavigne almost 3 years ago
- Subject changed from Account/Users list uses long words rather than shorter words or symbols to Change true/false to yes/no in entity tables to reduce size of crowded tables in new UI
- Status changed from In Progress to Ready for Testing
- Target version changed from 11.2-RC2 to 11.2-BETA2
- Needs Doc changed from Yes to No
- Needs Merging changed from Yes to No
#8 Updated by Timothy Moore II over 2 years ago
- Needs QA changed from Yes to No
Testing with a FreeNAS Mini manually updated to FreeNAS-11.2-MASTER-201807110935:
Reviewed tables in Account/Groups, Account/Users, System/NTP Servers, System/Boot, System/Alert Services, System/Tunable, System/CAs, Tasks/Cron Jobs, Tasks/Init/Shutdown Scripts, Tasks/Rsync Tasks, Tasks/S.M.A.R.T. Tests, Tasks/Periodic Snapshot Tasks, Tasks/Replication Tasks, Tasks/Scrub Tasks, Tasks/Cloud Sync Tasks, Storage/Disks, and Sharing/WebDAV.
All tables reviewed have true/false output changed to yes/no.