Add note to new UI version of Guide to unset Zoom Text Only
When text size is at 100% everything in the top blue menu bar and items like the yellow Add button (FAB button?) look great.
As text size is reduced, everything falls out of alignment as things shrink. The menu buttons seem anchored to a point instead of being centered, and the + in the yellow Add button looks odd.
I shrunk Firefox to 50% to make this issue easier to see.
#2 Updated by Michael Reynolds almost 3 years ago
I found this also applies to text in tables.
The text gets smaller but the table itself does not.
The text seems to be 'anchored' to the top left of a cell.
1 of the issues here is I shrunk the text size to fit more info on the screen, but I don't get more info, I just get smaller text.
I have not tried this in other browsers to see if this is specific to firefox. I suspect it is not.
#5 Updated by Dennis Mullen almost 3 years ago
- File Screenshot from 2018-06-20 09-37-00.png Screenshot from 2018-06-20 09-37-00.png added
- File 2.mkv 2.mkv added
- File 3.mkv 3.mkv added
I think this one works as it should. If you choose to zoom text only (see screen shot from Firefox settings) it definitely causes these alignment problems, even on Google's material pages (see video). But if you zoom the whole view, the whole UI scales nicely (see the other video).
#7 Updated by Michael Reynolds almost 3 years ago
- Assignee changed from Dennis Mullen to Michael Reynolds
- Target version changed from Backlog to 11.2-BETA2
Reassigning to myself to update the Logging in section of getting started section of the docs
Advise to unset View -> Zoom -> Zoom Text Only
to fix some display issues in the angulargui
#12 Updated by Dru Lavigne over 2 years ago
- Subject changed from Add note to Guide to unset Zoom Text Only to Add note to new UI version of Guide to unset Zoom Text Only
- Status changed from In Progress to Done
- Assignee changed from Michael Reynolds to Aaron St. John
- Needs QA changed from Yes to No
- Needs Doc changed from Yes to No
- Needs Merging changed from Yes to No