Separate S.M.A.R.T. email addresses with spaces
This issue was just fixed in the old UI and also needs fixing in the new UI.
Replace commas with spaces so that emails are formatted properly for SMART service
#1 Updated by Zackary Welch about 1 year ago
The bug is that multiple emails need to be input in the S.M.A.R.T. service separated by spaces, but the tool tip does not say this. In addition, when saved correctly and reopened, the UI field shows the input separated by commas, which fails when going to save updated settings.
#11 Updated by Dru Lavigne about 1 year ago
- Status changed from Done to Failed Testing
- Assignee changed from Michael Reynolds to Erin Clark
- Target version changed from Master - FreeNAS Nightlies to 11.2-BETA2
- Needs Merging changed from No to Yes
Erin: was a UI fix done for this one (other than the tooltip)? It is failing testing.
Space separated email addresses are valid input but emails addresses are still displayed in CSV format.
Maybe enhance the error to include the value separator?
A comma is not allowed* in a valid email address. Perhaps we could send an error message specifically when a comma is used?
"A comma is not a valid character to use in an E-Mail address. Multiple E-Mail addresses should be separated by a space."
(*commas are allowed under special circumstances which we should not support anyway.)
- Status changed from Ready for Testing to Passed Testing
- Needs QA changed from Yes to No