Make encryption_salt non-required field for Cloud Sync Task
When creating a new Cloud Sync Task using Remote encryption, if an Encryption salt is not provided, then an error will occur. The error is non-descriptive, simply "'encryption_salt'". If the field is necessary, then it should be labelled as such. If not, then this is a middleware bug.
#6 Updated by Dru Lavigne over 2 years ago
- Subject changed from Blank non-required Encryption salt field causes error when creating Cloud Sync Task to Make encryption_salt non-required field for Cloud Sync Task
- Needs Doc changed from Yes to No
- Needs Merging changed from Yes to No
Master PR: https://github.com/freenas/freenas/pull/1364
#7 Updated by Zackary Welch over 2 years ago
- Status changed from Ready for Testing to Done
- Needs QA changed from Yes to No
I no longer get an error when not providing an encryption salt, but instead I get a separate error, 'args', regardless of whether I supply a salt. I will close this ticket and upload a related bug about the new error.