Clarify installer boot loader menu
The FreeNAS installer boot menu is confusing. Because it just says "Boot FreeNAS", it is difficult to tell whether the installer is booting, or the FreeNAS system itself.
Preferably, this should say "Boot FreeNAS Installer". If prompt length is limited, it could just say "Boot Installer", but it is better to tell the user exactly what is booting when it could overwrite the existing system.
#5 Updated by Ryan Moeller about 2 years ago
- Subject changed from Installer boot menu says "Boot FreeNAS", should say "Boot FreeNAS Installer" to Clarify installer boot loader menu
- Status changed from In Progress to Ready for Testing
- Severity changed from New to Low
- Needs Merging changed from Yes to No
#7 Updated by Bonnie Follweiler about 2 years ago
- Status changed from Ready for Testing to Passed Testing
- Needs QA changed from Yes to No
Test Passed in FreeNAS-11.2-MASTER-201807160837
(Build Date: Jul 16, 2018 11:40)
Test Case: Do a clean install or an upgrade and make sure it says Boot FreeNAS Installer