Project

General

Profile

Bug #35797

Avatar?id=55038&size=50x50

Fix args error when adding Cloud Sync Task in new UI

Added by Zackary Welch almost 2 years ago. Updated over 1 year ago.

Status:
Done
Priority:
No priority
Assignee:
Lola Yang
Category:
GUI (new)
Target version:
Seen in:
Severity:
Medium
Reason for Closing:
Reason for Blocked:
Needs QA:
No
Needs Doc:
No
Needs Merging:
No
Needs Automation:
No
Support Suite Ticket:
n/a
Hardware Configuration:
ChangeLog Required:
No

Description

I created a Google Cloud sync task, and when I tried to save the task I got an error simply called 'args'. This is regardless of Remote Encryption.

CloudSync1.png (54.8 KB) CloudSync1.png Zackary Welch, 06/25/2018 02:37 PM
CloudSync2.png (33.2 KB) CloudSync2.png Zackary Welch, 06/25/2018 02:37 PM
CloudSyncError.png (46.7 KB) CloudSyncError.png Zackary Welch, 06/25/2018 02:38 PM
traceback.txt (3.48 KB) traceback.txt Zackary Welch, 06/25/2018 02:38 PM
19493
19497
19501

Related issues

Related to FreeNAS - Bug #34954: Make encryption_salt non-required field for Cloud Sync TaskDone
Related to FreeNAS - Bug #27968: Add method to handle logs for jobs that produce huge logging outputDone

History

#1 Updated by Dru Lavigne almost 2 years ago

  • Category changed from Middleware to GUI (new)
  • Assignee changed from Release Council to Erin Clark
  • Target version changed from Backlog to 11.2-BETA2

#2 Updated by Erin Clark almost 2 years ago

  • Assignee changed from Erin Clark to Lola Yang

#3 Avatar?id=55038&size=24x24 Updated by Zackary Welch almost 2 years ago

  • Related to Bug #34954: Make encryption_salt non-required field for Cloud Sync Task added

#4 Avatar?id=55038&size=24x24 Updated by Zackary Welch almost 2 years ago

  • Related to Bug #27968: Add method to handle logs for jobs that produce huge logging output added

#5 Updated by Lola Yang almost 2 years ago

  • Status changed from Unscreened to In Progress
  • Assignee changed from Lola Yang to Erin Clark

#6 Updated by Dru Lavigne almost 2 years ago

  • Subject changed from 'Args' error when trying to save a Cloud Sync Task to Add "args" field to Cloud Sync Task in new UI
  • Assignee changed from Erin Clark to Lola Yang

#7 Updated by William Grzybowski almost 2 years ago

Can we not have this field showing in the UI, please?

I think it would be better just to not let it traceback (send empty args value on create).

This is too advanced usage and I am thinking we dont want to expose it to the end user via UI yet.

#8 Updated by Lola Yang almost 2 years ago

William Grzybowski wrote:

Can we not have this field showing in the UI, please?

I think it would be better just to not let it traceback (send empty args value on create).

This is too advanced usage and I am thinking we dont want to expose it to the end user via UI yet.

only for the old api? or both? this ticket is for new api https://redmine.ixsystems.com/issues/35107

#9 Updated by William Grzybowski almost 2 years ago

Lola Yang wrote:

William Grzybowski wrote:

Can we not have this field showing in the UI, please?

I think it would be better just to not let it traceback (send empty args value on create).

This is too advanced usage and I am thinking we dont want to expose it to the end user via UI yet.

only for the old api? or both? this ticket is for new api https://redmine.ixsystems.com/issues/35107

For both

#10 Updated by Lola Yang almost 2 years ago

William Grzybowski wrote:

Lola Yang wrote:

William Grzybowski wrote:

Can we not have this field showing in the UI, please?

I think it would be better just to not let it traceback (send empty args value on create).

This is too advanced usage and I am thinking we dont want to expose it to the end user via UI yet.

only for the old api? or both? this ticket is for new api https://redmine.ixsystems.com/issues/35107

For both

okay. i will change it.

#11 Updated by William Grzybowski almost 2 years ago

Lola Yang wrote:

William Grzybowski wrote:

Lola Yang wrote:

William Grzybowski wrote:

Can we not have this field showing in the UI, please?

I think it would be better just to not let it traceback (send empty args value on create).

This is too advanced usage and I am thinking we dont want to expose it to the end user via UI yet.

only for the old api? or both? this ticket is for new api https://redmine.ixsystems.com/issues/35107

For both

okay. i will change it.

thank you

#12 Updated by Dru Lavigne almost 2 years ago

  • Status changed from In Progress to Screened

#13 Updated by Lola Yang almost 2 years ago

  • Status changed from Screened to In Progress

changed it in the original pr https://github.com/freenas/webui/pull/936

#14 Updated by Erin Clark over 1 year ago

  • Status changed from In Progress to Ready for Testing

#15 Updated by Dru Lavigne over 1 year ago

  • Subject changed from Add "args" field to Cloud Sync Task in new UI to Add Cloud Sync Tasks arguments support to new UI but hide it for now
  • Needs Doc changed from Yes to No
  • Needs Merging changed from Yes to No

#16 Updated by Dru Lavigne over 1 year ago

  • Subject changed from Add Cloud Sync Tasks arguments support to new UI but hide it for now to Fix args error when adding Cloud Sync Task in new UI

#17 Avatar?id=55038&size=24x24 Updated by Zackary Welch over 1 year ago

  • Status changed from Ready for Testing to Passed Testing
  • Needs QA changed from Yes to No

I get no error when saving tasks now, so this is fixed.

#18 Updated by Dru Lavigne over 1 year ago

  • Status changed from Passed Testing to Done

Also available in: Atom PDF