Make keytabs and username/password mutually exclusive in new UI
1. The AD page should require either a Kerberos Principal to be set under advanced options or both a Domain account User and a Domain account password
- Currently the Domain account and user are required fields which they should not be. Instead one field should be validated on save
2. Domain user/password on AD/LDAP are being seen as autofill password fields. A similar bug was recently fixed on users page.
3. You can't unselect a Kerberos Principal. In the old ui you had a blank option for that field so you could remove the Kerberos principal
#4 Updated by Vaibhav Chauhan about 2 years ago
for working on this bug I will be needing a kerberose keytab file created from a AD server. unfortunately I am not familiar with the process. It may take me a while to get this on my own, if anyone would like to volunteer to get me the keytab file from a valid AD server I can get this done much faster but for now I would rather retarget this to 11.2 release
#5 Updated by Vaibhav Chauhan about 2 years ago
- Assignee changed from Vaibhav Chauhan to Nick Wolff
Nick Wolff wrote:
The AD page should require either a Kerberos Principal to be set under advanced options or both a Domain account User and a Domain account password
does needed changes are similar to legecy UI behavior, if not I would reclassify this ticket as a feature request.
#20 Updated by Rishabh Chauhan about 2 years ago
- Status changed from Ready for Testing to Passed Testing
- Needs QA changed from Yes to No
After investigating with Andrew, we were able to establish that this bug is fixed..., BUT, there is a lot of inconsistency in establishing the connection with the active directory...and it may not be the UI, but someone needs to investigate that :P