Unable to communicate with iocage jail created with static ip
When installing a plugin or creating a jail with a static ip, one becomes unable to connect to the jail after creation. During plugin install, the attached error occurs after about 20s, with the jail still being created despite the service not being installed. When a jail is created manually, pkg is unavailable with:
Bootstrapping pkg from pkg+http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/FreeBSD:11:amd64/quarterly, please wait... pkg: Error fetching http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/FreeBSD:11:amd64/quarterly/Latest/pkg.txz: Non-recoverable resolver failure A pre-built version of pkg could not be found for your system. Consider changing PACKAGESITE or installing it from ports: 'ports-mgmt/pkg'.
It is important to note this only occurs with a static ip, and there are no problems with DHCP. Also, setting a subnet mask does not affect anything.
In addition, I have set a DNS in Network:Global Configuration and the console as 10.20.20.2, which works.
The full middleware traceback is attached as well.
#5 Updated by Brandon Schneider almost 2 years ago
- Status changed from Unscreened to Closed
- Reason for Closing set to Behaves as Intended
- Needs Merging changed from Yes to No
Ok in that case, make sure you supply the host interface as well. Otherwise, it will not work. vtnet0|192.168.122.5 for example
#6 Updated by Dru Lavigne almost 2 years ago
- Status changed from Closed to Unscreened
- Assignee changed from Brandon Schneider to Erin Clark
- Target version changed from 11.2-BETA2 to Backlog
- Seen in changed from 11.2-BETA1 to Master - FreeNAS Nightlies
- Reason for Closing deleted (
Behaves as Intended)
Erin: let's discuss how to make this easier on the end-user as the whole point of Plugins is to provide a point and click install.